Though, Instagram has provided us a plenty of new features like Snapchat-cloned Stories, photo albums but still there was this vacuum of not being able to post Live Photos.
But now, you can post them too. There is a workaround, you'll need to convert your pics to Boomerangs to be able to post them. This is not exactly the true Live Photo functionality, which might have something to do with the reliance on Apple's 3D Touch to activate them, but at least your best shots can still be shared somehow.
How to post live photos on Instagram story?Shortcut through your Stories,
The way to post your Live Photos up on Instagram is to upload them as your Story.
All you have to do is to follow these simple seven steps. Plus you can only post Live Photos taken in the last 24 hours.
- Open your Instagram app and swipe right to access your Stories.
- Swipe up on the screen, and you'll be able to choose from the pictures in your camera roll from the last 24 hours.
- Pick between your pictures taken in the last 24 hours.
- Once you've selected your pic, converting it to a Boomerang is simple. All you need to do 3D Touch the screen in the exact same way you'd typically force a Live Photo into action.
- Once your Live Photo springs into motion, it'll save as a Boomerang.
- From there, you can post the Boomerang on your Story, send it to separate followers or even save it for later to your Camera Roll.
- After you do that, you can post it directly to your Instagram, just like any other Boomerang.
For now, you can only post your Live Photo through Boomerang, but there are hopes that they'll make it onto your newsfeed someday.
Till then enjoy the feature this way. Share with your friends to let them know too. Keep Instagraming pals and why not follow me there too?